Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Home Stretch



I only have about 7 weeks left until I fly home for the summer. Granted I only have 6 weeks off before returning for 6 straight months of classes, but at least I get a little taste of home again. The week since midterms has been enjoyable. I got to go on another hash run through the forest again last weekend. We skipped the sandblast party on the beach to do this, but I think this decision was for the best. I really had a good time, and it was probably more relaxing than the party would have been. Midterms went fine, I've done well enough to have a good shot at the deans list this term. There isn't a lot more that's worth noting. Although I did get a used blender from another student. I've actually gotten a lot of use out of it, and I've been perfecting a piƱa colada recipe along with a variety of other fruit smoothies. All I need are some paper umbrellas and I'm ready to host any visitors willing to make the trip down here. Now that I've hopefully enticed some of you down here I don't want to scare you off again. This last picture I just took tonight. It's a giant cockroach that I stepped on in the parking stall in front of my apartment. This is the first one of these I've seen. Suprisingly, there haven't been many bugs down here like I expected. I can usually leave my balcony door open at night and not have a problem, but evidently we still have some mutant sized bugs like other places in the tropics. See everyone in a few, until then I'll keep you updated.

No comments: